Thursday, December 9, 2010

Songket...

The Traditional Songket, simply gorgeous & beautiful is now becoming popular and getting very expensive & classiq. That's what I luv about Songket.  Most of my Songket collections are from my late Grandma and its very precious to me.  I'm so happy when Nicko & his fiance decided to wear Songket for the wedding reception on 1.1.2011.  Yeah...Go Classiq!

Mahligai Cemara (nama sangat gah errmmm...*rolling eyes*) That's actually the wedding planner who will be responsible for the whole thing, from top to toe for the Bride & Groom, the deco from the hall to the chairs, in other words "Everything" we just choose & pick the colour & design. This particular shop is located in AS, fully agree on the idea of appointing a wedding planner from there rather than coming all the way from KL (its costly $$$ of coz).

My concern is more on the "Baju Pengantin" oh dear! That's the main thing you've got to put a lot of thinking or even money for once in a lifetime.  Not just "Tangkap Muat" je. Please....!  His fiance has chosen the "Baju Songket" from Mahligai Cemara collections for the wedding reception and apparently she luvs it! We went there (without her) to do the fitting bla..bla..but honestly  I'm so sorry to use the word "pathetic" to describe it. It looks cheapo and absolutely horrible for "Baju Pengantin".  With due respect to her preference I think both of them deserve a much suited "Songket" for the big day.  Its your WEDDING for godsake!

Anyway, the rest of the prep I think I'm pretty confident with Mahligai Cemara and Insya'allah they'll do their level best.

Here comes Bac Medacena to the rescue....


Just a lil bit of intro on how do I come across this boutique at TTDI, actually it all started with the Bac Medacena Baju Melayu I bought  for MHubs last Syawal at KLCC.  Its a nice tailored ready made Baju Melayu I can assure that.  So..I think its the right choice and right place to send the Baju Melayu materials for the guys (except for Papa coz he has his own regular tailor)..

Only RM140 tailoring charges for Baju Melayu  (even cheaper than AS)....great!
The ready made Baju Melayu is only RM280...

Waiting for the tailor (lunch hour break)...

They have a wide range of classiq collection of Tanjak, Songket...I couldn't believe my eyes when I entered the small room full of Songket Tenun materials, Bridal Songket...WoW!  This is Songket Heaven...

Which one? or what colour? The design? Tunguuuuuuuuu....kay! Whateva it is, the most important thing is they both happy with the Songket from Bac Medacena &  Baju Nikah from Nurita Harith...No more "Baju DiLemma" *phew*

Hopefully this would be the Last entry on Nicko's wedding prep, after this just wait for the 'Big Day' another 22days from now...

Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...