Saturday, April 30, 2011

Savvy Traveller....

When I received this courier mail a few days ago...


I was like hmmm...Port Dickson Resort!! What would that be?? A membership club form or something..? Oh..wow! Its a Gift Certificate for a 2D 1N stay at  Thistle Port Dickson Resort , btw, it was formerly known as Guoman Resort Port Dickson and I've been there once for "Yellow" telco Team Building in 2008.

Nice pool & no people...I LIKE;-)) 
D'Girls - me & my old gang, Sis G (was my roommate), Baze, Naz & Karon..
The Team Building was held at the Eagle Ranch PD for archery & Go-Kart activities - also my 1st time for both;-)

Anyway, back to the Gift Certificate I was actually the weekly WINNER for the travel contest in NST ( New Straits Times - Life & Times section) published on April 7, 2011.  Tried to check NST online but zero found so  last resort is to find the hardcopy (newspaper) itself...Where?!


NST's Head Office at Jalan Riong, Bangsar....they have a newspaper 'archive' room located at their printing store area (I'm not sure what exactly it is called but you can see tonnes of newspapers at every corner there) Just mention the date you want and pay RM1.20 only! Fantastic!! 

Here it is....
Yup, It was the write up on my Auckland City, New Zealand trip in late Jan-Feb.  I submitted my story through email on February 27, 2011 three days after I found the 'Savvy Traveller' Entry Form in NST during my flight to Kota Kinabalu (quietly took that particular sheet out, folded it & slipped it into my handbag..hahaha)

Thanks to NST for selecting me as the weekly winner and the opportunity to win a fabulous 2D 1N stay in a Deluxe room (Sea View) with Breakfast for Two at Thistle Port Dickson Resort.  I think, I already have the date in mind when to redeem this;-) The certificate is valid from April 15 - July 14, 2011, still ample time to do so.  

Happy Weekend Everyone...absolutely for me!!!

Bye..*waving like a Queen*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...