Monday, March 14, 2011

Homemade Scones....

I tweeted about "Scones+Strawberry Jam for Tea Treat......."  this afternoon.  Hmm..then  I thought why not making some of my own, I mean homemade scones.  How bout the Recipe...? How to make a perfect scones? Btw, it pronounced as "Skon" in Scotland & Northern England or "Skoan" in the South but I just call it "Skoan" sounds a lil bit sweet;-)) Google search for the recipe & I found this from the British & Irish Food recipes website...

Ingredients:

* 2 cups /225g self raising flour (since I don't have it in stock, I just used plain flour)
* 1/2 stick/55g cold butter
* 1 level tsp baking powder  (increase it to 2 tsp for plain flour)
* 1/2 tsp salt  
* 1/4 pint / 150 ml milk  (full cream or low fat - your preference)
* 1 egg beaten with milk
* I also add 1/2 cup of caster sugar & sultanas/raisins

Method (you may refer to the website link HERE)
I prefer to watch a 'hands-on video' on how to do it.. so my 2nd reference, of coz YouTube:

I followed her method but I reduced the size coz I like cute scones;-))))

The results of MY first attempt at making scones......ooops actually OUR (with the help of my sis, Lola):-


straight into the oven....@160'C for 20-25mins (baking time may vary)

ready for tea ...;-)

serve with butter, jam or cream...NICE!!!

Love u scones...muahhmuahh!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...